James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I'm trying to set up Gmail and the set up progress has been

Customer Question

I'm trying to set up Gmail and the set up progress has been at 45% for over an hour. I don't see a way to restart. What do I do?
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please the make and model of the device you are trying to set up Gmail on?

thank you

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's just a Dell Desktop at home
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

ok, are you trying to set up a new account via the web page?

Or add it to an email program.

Can you tell me in detail exactly the steps you have done please? As Setting it up can mean a few different things

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks Richard. I thought this would be a simple fix. I need to go to bed now. Can we continue this later? Thanks.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Can I quickly connect to your computer and fix this Phyllis? If I see the issue I can fix it very quickly

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it will cost another $39?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Good night Richard. Thanks.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

It is optional else we continue here Phyllis, you just need to give me more detail on what you are doing please.