michelleclive, Email
Experience:  I am a computer professional have fixed and handled email issues.

My name is ***** ***** and Gmail will not let me attach a

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** and Gmail will not let me attach a word file to an email. I have tried in Microsoft Edge and Firefox. When I click on the paperclip (which is not blanked out) in Firefox, nothing happens at all. When I click on the paperclip in edge, it opens the window to attach the file, and the window closes back out when I select the file, but it never actually attaches.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What more do you want?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Email technicians generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Email
Expert:  michelleclive replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Try to check the doc file size you are trying to attach as it must not exceed 10mb or else google blocks the file to be send further.

Try to zip up the file and make it less then 10 mb of size and then try to attach and send.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The file was 13K and resolved when I used Chrome. It seems to be a browser issue, however I was able to attach and send the file. That was an expensive cry for help....lesson learned...Not your fault, Michelle.Thank you

Try to set the browser to factory reset on IE and firefox using google which will give you steps how to reset your browser after that close the browser and reopen and then you are all set to send receive emails with attachment without any problem.

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Feel free to ask or reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.