toughguy9, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  A Post Graduate in computer science with over 11 years of experience in Data Recovery, Computer Hardware and Software

Have a hotmail account that my attorneys need about 2000

Customer Question

Hi Have a hotmail account that my attorneys need about 2000 emails in four different files. Since folders only include titles and not content, ( I am guessing), can i open a it in an Outlook account and then be able to give them the complete files? Or is there a better way? Thanks, Dan
Category: Email
Expert:  toughguy9 replied 7 months ago.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for using JustAnswer. This is Leela and I will help you with question today.

You can easily save emails as .EML file. just open Outlook select what all emails you want to SAVE and SHARE with your attorney. Right Click and select "COPY" option and then create a FOLDER and in that folder, right click and select PASTE option. You will get all those emails as files with extension msg which can be opened anywhere with a OUTLOOK client.

Hope this helps.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

If you need, I can do a quick remote session and show you how to do the same. Please let me know.

All the best.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Not working out to be that simple. The emails I'm trying to get a copy of are put into folders besides the inbox all in which doesn't seem to give me any options to copy or export. The next option is Outlook 2016 which I opened. It has none of the emails that are in the folders just the inbox. The email is set up; as "exchange active sync". I do have an outlook 2007 still on this computer tho I haven't used it much. What would you suggest based on what I've got to work with?Thanks much!
Expert:  toughguy9 replied 6 months ago.
Hi Dan,
Thanks for your update.I am sorry for any confusion, I instructions I gave are for Outlook email client, if you can set up your outlook client installed on your computer and configure account in that, that will download all your emails from to your Outlook client.
Please make sure you choose to keep a copy of the email on while configuring outlook client.Please feel free to let me know if you need steps to configure outlook client with,
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks - so do I set it up as pop mail or imap? The exchange active sync isn't bringing all the email in.
Please use imap. The following link should help