Cris, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Specialize in email support.

We use microsoft outlook mail and calendar. Is there a fix

Customer Question

We use microsoft outlook for our mail and calendar. Is there a fix for using the meeting schedule invitation where it is linked to the calendar all can see, vs the personal calendar linked to the users e-mail?
Category: Email
Expert:  Cris replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thanks for using I am Cris.

Are you using a shared calendar and only want to see schedule meeting request?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Chris,We are using a shared calendar and when I utilize the "Invite Attendees" it will not put the meeting in the shared calendar, but only to the private calendar. The same happens when I am invited to a meeting and I hit accept, it does not place it in my shared calendar, but rather in my private. We would like to have the option on which it links.
Expert:  Cris replied 6 months ago.

From what I see there is no way for that to happen. Since the meeting request is sent directly to you it appears in your calendar. In a shared calendar you enter items and then give permissions to the users you would want to have the access to view.

Things you enter in your calendar will not then appear in the shared calendar. Only users whom you grant permissions to can view your calendar. The only possible way would be to send the shared calendar the meeting request as well so it would show up.

I understand this maybe not the answer you were looking for but unfortunately the way Outlook Calendar works. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
HI Cris,
Unfortunately I knew this but thought perhaps, given that this is a microsoft product, that they may have produced a fix to this issue that I did not know about.
Many thanks,
Expert:  Cris replied 6 months ago.

Hi Paul,

Yes I am sorry there is not a fix for what you are trying to accomplish. I did research some research before providing you the answer yesterday, unfortunately it is just the way Outlook works. But definitely something they should consider implementing.

If you have any further questions please let me know. Also please take the time to rate my service at the top and submit.