Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  All type of email clients, microsoft, web based, linux
63493917

My wife seems to have been locked out of her AOL account.

Customer Question

Hello, my wife seems to have been locked out of her AOL account. While she is not tech savvy (and I kind-of am), I am trying to fix it for her. However, her password ***** seem to work and when we try to change the password ***** reset, there aren't any recovery options available. How can we go about resetting the account password?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Email Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Email Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Awesome! My wife DID have it functioning on her Ipad tablet before she traded it in a month ago, but now we can't access the account
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Email Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Email
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

The fact that the AOL account was working on the iPad, and then you turned it in for a new iPad......is cause for concern.

Did you reset, and ERASE the iPad before giving it up?

If not, its not entirely impossible for anybody to open the AOL app on the iPad, and if the password ***** STORED and SAVED, they could Login to that AOL account, and then cause all kinds of havoc.

So.....was the iPad wiped clean, before it was given up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the Ipad was erased and reset before turning in to best buy.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What else would it be?

im checking

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am on a mac. My windows computer at home is completely updated.

AOL is not giving you ANY options to recover your password?

Thats odd.....VERY odd.

.

Can you share with me the web site you are trying to login to....or is it the desktop AOL software?

Even if it is the AOL software.....you can still LOGIN to AOL online through a web browser.

Sorry, the Control Panel>Windows update was meant for a different chat window. and i changed it as fast as i could...but you still saw it i guess....LOL

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea, its through the website. it says that I don't have any recovery options.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No..thats where ive gone before, once i input the username it says i have no options

and what is the username.....maybe i can get a different result.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
adramaqueen4him

adramaqueen4him@aol.com

correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thats correct

Well there you have it, THANK YOU AOL for being so easy to work with.

I hate being the bearer of bad news, but because AOL has setup the recovery process this way, your options are now limited.

You have to abide by AOL's terms.....unfortunately.

I got the same message, and along with that message i was given a phone number to call to square this away.

But i cant call on your behalf......the best thing is to have the person who CREATED this account make the call. As AOL will ask certain sometimes wierd identifying information to reset the account password....so thats why i recommend that the person who CREATED the account make the call and work with AOL. Which im asusming is your Wife?

If she cant get it to reset by calling that number......then your out of options, and will be forced into creating a WHOLE NEW ACCOUNT with AOL.

Heres the message i got:

You do not have any account recovery options for resetting your password.

If you need help now, you can call customer service at 1-***-***-**** Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. (EST), and Saturday & Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. (EST).

and the back half of the message:

To help you through the recovery process more quickly, we have generated a unique verification code for you. Please copy it down in case you are asked to provide it to your representative: 812865

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got it. Thats the message I get. Ill have her contact AOL

Yeah, you are stuck....theres nothign can be done UNTIL you call it in.

But hey, atleast you know for sure now.

Please have a moment to rate my performance.

Thank you!

Thank you!