James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I was on my Mac doing e-mail via Safari and comcast.net. A

Customer Question

I was on my Mac doing e-mail via Safari and comcast.net. A phone call from(###) ###-#### ***** Indian man said that my computer's microsoft had been somehow invaded without my knowledge. He claimed that he represented Microsoft. It sounded as though he as calling from what we seniors call "boiler room," where a lot reps make calls. I doubted him, but decided to get help from you. My desktop runs OS X el-Capitan 10.11.3.
Henry R. Heinold
1-***-***-****
Category: Email
Expert:  Cris replied 8 months ago.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris.

The phone call you received is a scam. It is very common for these scams to happen. Microsoft does not call anyone regarding any kind of support. If you needed support from Microsoft you would have to call them and it there would be a charge.

Is there issue you are having?