James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

Fredrick, How much does this question cost?? Here is the

Customer Question

Hi Fredrick,
How much does this question cost?? Here is the deal. I have had AOL since 1994 and hate to give up my name...for business reasons. I have an Apple iPhone, an Apple iPad and and an Apple iMac (recent) and pad are perfect but Mac does not recognize my AOL password! It keeps sending me pop ups in upper right hand corner of screen every minute or two asking for password ***** it doesn't like it...2 hrs. with AOL tech, unplug Mac and plug in again, into bowels of iMac trying to find problem, changed passwords 3 times ON MAC, iPhone and iPad accept perfectly but not iMac. I am at wits end with this AOL pop up... not only that, I must go through every few minutes and hit CANCEL on every page the pop opens. I do get AOL email and can send email on all three devices even though I have this pop up on iMac only!
Category: Email
Expert:  B. Rath replied 7 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

Do you have the AOL email account set up on the Mail app, or on any other app?

May I set up a quick, secure remote session to check the issue now?

Please reply back using the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
fine...but even the AOL tech could not enter....UGH! Let's try
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
now what????
Expert:  B. Rath replied 7 months ago.

OK, let's get started. Please open up the following link now:

Scroll down to the "TeamViewer QuickSupport" section, and click "Join remote control session"

A TeamViewerQS_en.dmg file will be downloaded by your browser - OPEN that file from your downloads, and let me know the ID and password ***** by the TeamViewer window. I'll then connect in; thank you.

Expert:  B. Rath replied 7 months ago.

Also, please disregard the remote offer shown on the screen earlier - the remote session will come at NO extra charge. Once you provide me with the TeamViewer ID and Password ***** directed in my earlier reply, I'll then connect to your screen and assist further. Thanks!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hope you don't charge me! So frustrated here...will call in Apple tech. Even tho all works with other Apple devices...this is a mystery!!! BYEKaren Neal
Expert:  B. Rath replied 7 months ago.

Hmm; would you like me to provide you with steps to carry out yourself now, to resolve this issue with AOL on your Mac? Please let me know; thank you.