michelleclive, Email
Experience:  I am a computer professional have fixed and handled email issues.

How do i switch my email from hotmail to outlook? When I go

Customer Question

How do i switch my email from hotmail to outlook? When I go to outlook I am able to log in with my hotmail address. But I am unable to do the same on my mobile devices...ipad and iphone
Category: Email
Expert:  michelleclive replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Hotmail has been upgraded to outlook by default however you can open the link below and enter the full hotmail address and password ***** will login successfully however the email screen you will see as on the top left. let me know if you have any question.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
as I noted, I am able to do this however when I try to either createca new email address (outlook) on my iphone or ipad, with the same login info I used on the Outlook site, I get a message saying Unable to verify. Should I delete my hotmail email accoints on my mobile devices and then create new onrs using Outlook?

You will have to remove the emails already assigned or configured from the iphone and ipad and you will have to restart both the devices and after that you can add new email account and add the existing hotmail account.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
When you say Add the existing Hotmail accounts, do you mean add (create) as Outlook?

i mean once you remove the email from the phone and ipad email list restart the phone and then select add new email and enter the hotmail username and password.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
But they will still be Hotmail...won't I still have the same issue?

no there should not be a problem because hotmail is by default converted to outlook by Microsoft from there server itself.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
But it still has to be done manually by the users? Oh ok..also, why do Ibkeep getting messages asking for my Exchange password? Never have seen it before

its requested from the exchange server.

If you want you can create a new email on so it will be as per your user***@******.*** and you can login to website.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thank you for your help

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Feel free to ask or reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.