Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs

Need help to sink password from laptop to iPad cuz can't

Customer Question

need help to sink password ***** laptop to iPad cuz can't send email on iPad
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

To do this we need to add the account to the iPad again

Go to Settings, Mail and press on your email account with the problem, then press Delete Account.

Once done, go to settings, Mail and add the email account back to the iPad using the correct password.

It will then add and you can use it again.

Let me know how you go please.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

Hi Laura. My name is***** you still need help with getting your ipad up and running? If so, please let me know. I'm a little unclear on whether you need a password ***** your ipad or for your MSN email account. If the email account on your MAC and the email account on your ipad are the same, then the same password ***** work on each device. Please check to see if the email addresses are the same. On your ipad , go to settings, and mail, and make sure that the email address shown there matches the email address shown on your MAC. IF so, the password ***** be the same. If you are sure that you have the password ***** correctly, please check your settings. You may not need all of the information below but I have provided it just in case. Pay special attention to the settings for th eoutgoign server as the issue that you are having is that the email isn't sending from your ipad.

Configuration Settings:

Incoming Server =

Port 995

Encryption/Authentication = SSL is required

Full Username = *****@******.*** (same as full email address, where =, or )

Password ***** *****

SPA (secure password *****) = Off (uncheck this option)

Outgoing Server =

Port 25 or 587 Note: Preferred Outgoing is Port 587 instead of Port 25 since many ISP’s blocks Port 25 usage. Similar blocking can occur when using Port 25 in hotels or accessing via a WiFi network/hotspot

Outgoing Server Authentication = On (check the option) Encryption/Authentication = SSL or TLS is required

Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

If the information that I have provided has been helpful to you, kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for Just Answer I do not receive credit for my answer or any compensation at all without a rating of 3 stars or more. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. If you need more help, please let me know so we can continue to work together. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

Hi Laura. I'd be happy to provide remote service but I can't connect remotely to an ipad. I can give you call though and walk you through it. Would that be helpful? It seems that your payment failed. Often this is simply because your bank suspects that something is amiss if they see multiple charges to the same company. You may want to give them a call to let them know that it is a legitimate charge. Thanks so much!

Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Laura, I am already busy wit the customer here, please refrain from jumping in.

Hi there, Please perform the instructions I have given and let me know the results.