James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

Moved all the emails in my inbox into another named folder.

Customer Question

moved all the emails in my inbox into another named folder. they disappeared from the inbox (as expected and hoped) but did not show up in the named folder. when I search for a remembered email, it appears and shows up as being in the named folder, which it is not. any idea where those hundreds of emails might be hiding?
Category: Email
Expert:  Martin replied 7 months ago.

Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your computer.

May I start a remote session so we can work on the problem together from your computer?

Please reply using the box below.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
can you not just suggest the solution? sorry, but I don't know you and am not comfortable hooking up
Expert:  Martin replied 7 months ago.

Well judging by your description there could be dozens of problems, including you accidentally clicking something like a filter which you may not have noticed - a remote session is the fastest option to get the problem resolved but if you'd prefer, take photos or screenshots of the screen and show me each folder of interest along with a textual comment of what you've looked at / done and not.

Thank you