James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

When using firefox, bookmarked items the computer locks up

Customer Question

When using firefox, bookmarked items the computer locks up after a preiod of time. This is a Windows 7 System. I have to do a complete restart. Ctrl Alt Del does not work for a hot start. I could use some help. G-Mail seems to work OK, but everything else eventually locks up.
John...
Category: Email
Expert:  Byron replied 8 months ago.

Hi John. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. Do a refresh of Firefox

to see if it clears this up. At the top of the Firefox page click Help and select Troubleshooting Information.

(if you don't see Help at the top, right-click the 3-horizontal-bar icon in the upper right corner and select Menu Bar)

On the Troubleshooting Information page click Refresh Firefox (twice)

When Firefox reopens check if the computer still locks up.

Does the computer lock up like you describe if you're using Internet Explorer or Chrome?