James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I am working on my brothers laptop. He has windows 10. He

Customer Question

I am working on my brothers laptop. He has windows 10. He has a hotmail account that has been hacked and he cannot log on to his laptop.
JA: Got it. The Email Technician will be able to help you. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: when he turns his laptop on it starts and goes to the log on point asking for his password ***** the hacker has changed it and microsoft will not help because he can' give enough info
JA: Is there anything else the Email Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Email Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 8 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is it okay to reset the computer fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh, like brand-new, with a new email address and password ***** want?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Would loose too much data

I'm sorry; since Microsoft could not verify his account, then we would have to reset the computer. Does he have backup? If no, he would need to take out the hard drive from the problematic computer and connect it to another working computer with an external USB hard drive adapter/enclosure, then back up the data first.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.