James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

I cannot access my gmail account. 1) Gmail keeps insisting I

Customer Question

I cannot access my gmail account. 1) Gmail keeps insisting I supply them with a backup email address. The one I have been using is not accessable because Shaw is no longer my provoider. 2) I have only one phone. There is no backup phone 3) Tried to add an account; went through the steps. If I try to sign in to either account and I am not sure the second account ever was added,. I am told someone is hacking into my account or trying to.
Any possibility any real person with a real voice, can help me out. I am and obviously not tech saavy.
Category: Email
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 7 months ago.

Hi Melanie! My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you today.

As a bonus, I am a real person. ;-)

We have an optional service you may be interested in called Secure Remote Connection. This lets you connect your computer directly to me, where I'd be able to see and interact with what's on your screen. We'd then be able to work together to get you back into Gmail, and we could probably do so faster than chatting. There is a small additional fee for the service, but I could discount it down pretty low for you -- just $5 -- in order to help get you back up and running fastest?

Like I mentioned, that's totally optional...I'm happy to proceed however you'd like and am sure we can get you back into your account. If you are interested in the remote service, though, please let me know.

You know what? I don't even see the button to charge you for what I described above. If you're okay with it, shall we go that route for no extra charge?

To get started, simply follow this link:

After you do, you'll arrive at a short Terms & Conditions page. Once you've read through them, click the green ACCEPT button. That will initiate download of a file called "Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client;" once it downloads, double-click that file and you'll be connected right to me.

If you have any problems, let me know!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
changed my mind. this sounds suspicious. will cancel mc immediately

I'm sorry to have made you feel that way; is completely on the up-and-up. However, I understand the feeling that you can never be too careful on the internet today.

If you'd like, I can submit a request to our customer service team to process a refund for you?

Also, if it helps provide any ease of mind, here is a link to our company's BBB profile:

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
please request refund immediately.Melanie

I certainly will. I'm sorry we were unable to assist you today, and hope you will consider returning if we can ever be of assistance in the future.