Sandy, Computer Specialist
Experience:  I have 7+ years of experience in fixing emails issues.

I have phone with android 4.0. I have outlook 2007 email

Customer Question

i have phone with android 4.0. I have outlook 2007 email client on my computer. I have an email account set up with both. I set them both up IMAP. When i delete an email from my computer it syncs with the server and vice versa. However, the emails don't sync with my phone even though i'm pretty sure it's set us as IMAP on the phone. Manually syncing doesn't fix the issue by the way
Category: Email
Expert:  Sandy replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sandy and I look forward to help you today with the best answer possible.

I'm sorry about the issue.

I will work with you until it gets fixed. This is a question and answer session. Please do not hesitate to reply back to me at the box given below.

First of all, please check if you have setup your account with IMAP settings on the phone as well and let me know?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

How do i find out?

Expert:  Sandy replied 7 months ago.

On the Android phone, go to Settings(Gear ico) and then go to email settings and find if it IMAP or POP?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

The incoming server is IMAP 4 and smtp server is: I don't believe there is a server setting for incoming server.

Expert:  Sandy replied 7 months ago.

I'm sorry for the delay. As there was a technical issue at my end and I could not reply back to you on time.

In this case, I suggest you to remove your email account from the phone and then configure it again with IMAP settings as settings on the phone seems to have gone corrupt.

1. Open the e-mail apps on the phone.
  2. Press menu>settings.
  3. Tap on your account that you wish to remove.
  4. Scroll to the very bottom of the screen, and hit “remove account.”

Restart your phone and then re-add the account.

If you have any other query, please let me know.

Thank you, ***** *****

Expert:  Sandy replied 6 months ago.

I'm following up with you to see how everything is going.

Do you still need help with this?

If you have any other query regarding this issue, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else please take a second to rate my service by clicking the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you, ***** *****