Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

My son just got a Samsung galaxy 6 edge phone. We've had it

Customer Question

Hello. My son just got a Samsung galaxy 6 edge phone. We've had it since February 20, 2016. However, his phone we think got a virus when he was signing into his facbook app. So we talked to other people who also have the same device about what to do. We also talked with carrier which is TMobile. We factory reset the phone. Now when he is trying to use the phone it is not letting him use it because he can't get pass the gmail sign in. Every username and password ***** he has ever had is not letting him in. The carrier suggested we contact you about getting the gmail sign in cleared all together so that he can create new username and password. If you are not able to help, who else should we contact?
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

to confirm Lisa, the phone has been reset and your now trying to set it up again but it indicates you have to use the gmail account that was originally used on the phone correct?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
but nothing we are trying is working.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

When you try to use the gmail account, whats the exact message you get?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the email and password ***** do not match.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
he only uses two passwords for everything and neither work
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

ok, click on my link below, can you sign into the gmail account there?

www.gmail.com

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it brings up my account
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

ok, sign out of your account and tell me if he can sign in there please.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i guess i am a little confused because its not our computer, its his cellphone. Sorry.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

ok, but can you do the instructions I am asking please Lisa? It will make sense at the end.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok. i signed out and tried to sign him on and got the same message
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

ok, this is the problem, the password ***** is using is incorrect.

Have him reset the password ***** please

https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/

tell me when he has

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
we just keep getting the same responses. The information provided does not match our records.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Did he set a recovery email or phone number when creating the account?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
apparently he did set a recovery email and he is not 100% sure about a phone number
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

ok... well if he did then tell him to choose the recovery email during the process to reset the password.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
there is no recovery email.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
we did this step and still saying nothing matches
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

ok, he did not set a recovery email or a recovery phone number which can put you in a difficult position.

Try to do the following and tell me what happens please

• Turn off the device.
  • Once the phone is off, hold the volume up, home, and power buttons down simultaneously. Continue to hold this combination while the phone boots, until the screen shows the Android Robot.
  • After a few moments, you will have access to the phone’s boot menu. Using the volume up/down buttons to navigate, and the power button to make selections, find and select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset option.
  • Scroll down to Yes, delete all user data, and press the power button once again. You will notice script scrolling along the bottom of the screen, which will end in Data Wipe Complete.
  • Once the operation is complete, press the power button once more to reset the device.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok. this has been done. They also did all these steps at tmobile last night night without success.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it still takes you back to verify your google account and then the exact problems all over again.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

ok, then the issue is he needs to recall the password ***** else he wont be able to use the phone again,. its why it is important he did the account correctly when he first made it, which was not the case.

Else if the password ***** be reset, then he basically has a paperweight now.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can't believe someone somewhere cannot reset this phone's gmail account. I also can't believe I've been charged for you doing the exact stuff the TMobile store did last night with no results for free. This is absolutely unacceptable.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

ok, well I am sorry you feel this way Lisa, but as I mentioned it is why it is critical you set up the account correctly. But if you already did this all, then why did you not mention it when we started with the reset?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It is a teenage kid who set up the account. I did mention in my initial question that they reset the phone. THanks for your time.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

I am referring to the password ***** as you indicated "'ve been charged for you doing the exact stuff the TMobile store did last night "

Anyway, your only option now is

If your not able to pass these questions or the email contacts, then the automated tools will not be able to help you regain access Lisa

You will need to follow the manual process, it is the only option left in your situation.

You'll need a working email account so they can contact you on it so use your personal one

Then go to this link and fill in the form please.

https://support.google.com/accounts/contact/disabled2?p=

You will then need to allow up to 24 hours for Google to contact you with the instructions to reset your password.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you