Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I was working company and set up my Google account with

Customer Question

I was working for a company and set up my Google account with them. This company no longer exists. Since then I have establised my own personal Google account and would very much like to roll over all my information and back-ups from the old company based account to the new personal account. Is this possible?
We await your advice.
Many thanks
Bruce McGovern
old account was***@******.***
new account is***@******.***
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Bruce, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

Unfortunately, currently, or as of this very moment, there is no way to MERGE your two (2) separate Google accounts. But if Google develops or creates a merging tool in the future, all Google account users will be notified.

In your case, your BEST option is to manually download or export your data so that you can make use of them in the Google account that you want to retain.

Here is the link about Google advisory regarding the lack of merging tool for 2 separate Google accounts:

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/63304?hl=en

Here is the link as to how to export or archive or download your DATA on the Google account that you want to discontinue, for use on the account that you want to keep:

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/3024190

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Jess, this should help get somewhere close to where I would like to be. Like the rest of the world we wait with anticipation for the next development on Google.CheersBruce McGovern
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for writing back. Yes, the fate of this "automatic merging tool" will entirely depend on Google if they develop and deploy such tool in the future.

But for the mean time, you just need to manually copy, save or download your data FROM the Google account that you want to discontinue and just continue to use your preferred Google account.

I hope that helped.

Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.

Best regards,
Jess