Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience:  Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I need help with resetting my password outlook account. I do

Customer Question

My name is***** and I need help with resetting my password ***** my outlook account. I do not know the password, therefore I am not able to login to administrator account. Also, I cant do any updates on my computer.
I took my laptop to office depot and they explained that I have 3 different accounts; Gmail and 2 Outlook accts.
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

If you arent able to login to the admin account due to not knowing your Microsoft account password. You must have windows 8 or windows 10 installed on your computer.. Is that correct? And if so, which version specifically do you have. ( 8 or 10 ? )

Also, when you get to the admin sign in screen.. Is your admin account the only account showing that you can sign into?

Also, is it specifically an @outlook.com email address that your admin account is showing and asking the password ***** when you try to sign in?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have Windows 8.
Yes admin acct is the only one I can't sign into and it is outlook.
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

If you cant reset the Outlook password, or the microsoft account password ( which is basically the same thing )

Then the only way to get the computer working again is to factory reset it.

Heres how to do so, when you turn on the computer and get to the windows 10 login screen.

at the lower right click the power icon, hold down the shift key on your keyboard.. And then click restart.

You can release the shift key after you click restart.

When the computer restarts, it will be in the advanced boot options. You need to choose Reset the computer..

That will wipe out your windows account and let you reinstall windows.

Once complete, you will have a working computer again.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.