James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

How do I import my address book from comcast to gmail?

Customer Question

how do I import my address book from comcast to gmail?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?

Also, how do you access your comcast? Are you using a web browser or are you using an email program like MS Outlook 2010?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
windows 10. browsers include mazola, internet exporer, and google chrome
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information.

And are you also using a web browser to access your Gmail?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
have not accessed gmail yet. new account. not sure how to access
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.

I tried to access your request for Secure Remote Assistance so that I can do the transfer of your comcast contacts to Gmail but there was an error regarding payment. I believe your bank blocked the payment request.

I suggest that you call your bank to allow the transaction so that we can do the secure remote assistance.

Thank you.

Jess

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Jess, I am an 82-year old, not too great a guru, so it would be super great if you can take control of this computer and import the comcast address book to the new gmail account, and then maybe tell me if any trick to access my new gmail account.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
can you call me----***-***-**** ???
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.

Hi Sir,

Thank you for writing back. I will be glad to remotely access your computer so that I can do all the transfer mothods for you while you watch.

But I can only proceed with secure remote assistance when there is no error from your end when I accept the request.

Can you please call your bank to check with them if they block your payment request?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
payment should be no problem, chase visa card, chase says all well. can provide another card if you are having a problem.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.

Sir Gordon,

Thank you for writing back. Now I sent you the formal offer of Secure Remote Assistance. Please accept it so that I can remotely connect to your computer and transfer your contacts for you.

If you get an error when accepting my offer, please call your bank since they might be blocking the transaction.

Thank you.

Jess

Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.

Gordon,

I am still here. I noticed that you posted duplicate questions. Please let us continue here.

Thank you.

Jess

Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.

Thank you Gordon.... Please accept my formal offer of Secure Remote Assistance so that we can start the remote session.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.

How is it going?