James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I cannot open any Email in any of my Storage Folders. What

Customer Question

I cannot open any Email in any of my Storage Folders. What can I do to resolve this issue?
Thanks!
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 9 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

I must ask a question or two before we begin. Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer.

Who is your e-mail provider? Please, do not enter your full email address. If you do that, it will be blocked. For that reason, please tell me what comes after the @ sign.

Which program do you use to access your email (Outlook, Mac Mail, Entourage, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc)?

Thank you,
Jason

P.S. If you do not know the answers to any of my questions or are confused about something, please let me know by replying on this page.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OutlookWindows Live Mail to access

Thank you for the update. May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Local Folders is where I am having the problem. I prefer not to do a secure remote session if the problem can be resolved otherwise.

I would not offer the remote session, if I didn't think it was the best choice. I can attempt to give you direction for analyzing the issue and then attempting a fix; however, I cannot guarantee that you will not have any data loss.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Jason - I did not want to spend a lot of money just to get an answer to something that is probably easy to fix. Additionally, I recently spent two very harrowing days involved in a remote session that took up most of my time for a day and a half. I really do not want to do that again. Please provide the direction to me and perhaps I can resolve the problem with your help.

I was not the person who remoted in previously. I have remoted into computers 20 or 30 thousand times with no problems. But I respect your choice. I will opt out of the question and allow another person to take over.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 months ago.

I have uploaded a pdf with detailed instructions on how to create a searchable pdf from a printed document.If you'd like, I can perform these steps for you , and have sent an offer for Premium Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, but need more help, we can continue here.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 months ago.

Hello, Dewey. My name is***** apologize for not introducing myself in the previous message. I just read over the details of your question again. It seems that there are two issues here. Hopefully the information that I have provided will help you with the PDF issue that you mentioned in the section "What you have tried so far". Regarding the second problem, the inability to open email in storage folders, can you tell me what specific error message you get when you try to open an email that is in a storage folder? Knowing that will help me to provide the best solution for you. Just one more thing. I truly believe that a Secure Remote session would be the fastest and easiest way to resolve your problems. I don't know who you worked with previously,but I am an independent contractor, and I can't afford to spend 2 days on one issue. I could not earn a living if I did that. If I can't solve the problem fairly quickly and easily, I will "opt out" and allow another expert to help you, or contact customer service on your behalf to request a refund for any fees that you have paid. We do guarantee your satisfaction.