Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I downloaded Windows 10 a few weeks ago and I cannot open

Customer Question

I downloaded Windows 10 a few weeks ago and I cannot open Windows Live Mail. All my contacts and many files are in Windows Live Mail. There must be a way to get it back. Help!
Category: Email
Expert:  Breland replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Barbara. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist today.

When you attempt to log into Windows Live mail, do you receive an error message, in other words, how far can you get and where does it stop you? Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do get an error message after about 10 minutes of it attempting to open. I have an appointment outside my house at 11:00 and will be back at about 1:00 or 1:30. Can we continue this at that time?
Expert:  Breland replied 1 year ago.

Absolutely. I'll leave this ticket open and we can resume when it is more convenient for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much. I never should have started this when I knew I had to leave.
Expert:  Breland replied 1 year ago.

That's no problem. It happens to all of us. Drive safe.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm back. I think I made a big mistake in starting this today. I go for cataract surgery tomorrow morning and I won't be able to continue this process for a few days. I am also concerned about the expense of this. It sounds like I have joined some annual contract or something. I did not intend to do that. I just wanted to pay the $40.00 to see if we could get this one thing working. I have been scammed twice with the blinking announcement that my computer has been corrupted with malware and I needed to call the number immediately to get it fixed. It cost me $300.00 each time and I am not happy about that. This last time was supposedly a "Microsoft Partner". Please let's forget this for now. I am too nervous and upset at what I might have done here (AGAIN).
Expert:  Breland replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Barbara. I can understand your concern especially after those two episodes. It has been a common problem with individuals posing as a Microsoft representative.

As for the subscription, JustAnswer does offer a subscription service but you can also pay per question. You are listed as having a subscription. You are welcome to contact our customer service department at 1(###) ###-####and close that subscription. I apologize for any inconvenience that may have caused.

However, as a technical expert, I would advise having your computer scanned to make sure any malware is off your computer and not sitting dormant only to rear its ugly head again. I can help you with that or you can also have a local computer shop do the work.

Good luck with your surgery and have a good day. Thanks.