GeekGal
GeekGal, Email Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS Degree & 15 + years experience supporting email issues of all kinds
76665483

When Gmail insisted I open a Google account i could not put

Customer Question

When Gmail insisted I open a Google account i could not put in the user name that I have used for years. Now I can not use my Gmail account. how do I get back my gmail ******************** ?
Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 months ago.

My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Let's try to reset the password ***** your original gmail account.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 months ago.

I am uploading a pdf document with detailed instructions for resetting your password.

If you'd like, I can perform these steps for you , and have sent an offer for Premium Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, but need more help, we can continue here.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 months ago.

To change the password ***** your Google Account, just follow these steps:
Go to http://google.com and click on sign-in. Enter your username and click on "Need Help". On the next page, click beside "I don't know my password" then click on 'Continue". You'll be asked to enter the last password ***** you remember. Enter it, then click "Continue".
If you have previously added a recovery email account, you will be shown part of the email address and you will be asked to enter the entire email address. Next, you'll need to check your recovery email account for an email that will tell you how to reset your password.
If you previously added a cell phone number as a recovery option you may be given the opportunity to have a code texted to you.
If neither of those options works, you still may be able to get in. You will be asked for details about how you used your account, people you emailed often, when the account was created, labels or filters you created - or other verifiable information. If you can answer these questions correctly, so Google can verify that you are indeed the owner of the account, you will be sent a link to reset your password.
When you have reset the password ***** you are logged into your account, please go to settings and update your recovery email address, your phone number, and your security questions. This will make it much easier for you to recover access to your account if you forget your password ***** the future.
***********************************************************************************************************************
If all else fails, and you wish to speak with someone at Google about gmail, you may call one of the numbers listed below, however the lines are automated, and requesting to speak with someone can lead to hold times up to three hours or more.
1. United States1-***-***-****
2. United Kingdom +44 (0)20-7031-3000
3. India+91-80-67218000
4. Mexico+52 55-5342-8400
5. Canada+1(###) ###-####br />6. Germany+49 30###-##-####br />7. Russia+7-***-***-****

Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 months ago.

If the information that I have provided has been helpful to you, kindly take a moment to rate my service. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. If you need more help, please let me know so we can continue to work together. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!