James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

My email on desk top will not send or receive

Customer Question

my email on desk top will not send or receive
Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 months ago.

My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 months ago.

I believe that a SECURE REMOTE CONNECTION would be the fastest and easiest way to resolve your issue as I will need to you ask for personal information such as your email address and possibly your account name and password ***** you know it. We are not allowed to exchange personal information on the chat box as it would be visible to all users of the site. For this reason, I and I have offered the Premium Service of a SECURE REMOTE CONNECTION. We'll be able to chat securely ina a chat box while I am connected to your computer and working on the problem. This is optional, and if you choose not to do this, I can try to find a way to help you here.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 months ago.

If you'd prefer not to use a SECURE Remote Connection I can try to to walk you through resolving the issue. I will nee to knwo what Version of Windows you have, and what mail program you are using for your email, as well as the last part of your email address. Please do not post your entire email address here as we are not allowed ot exchange personal information in this chat box. It would be visible to all users of th site and not private. Just provide whatever follows the @ sign, for instance @gmail.com, @comcast.com, or other.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 months ago.

Good morning, Sam. Do you still need help with this? If so, please let me know. I can offer the Secure Remote Connection Premium Service, where I work on the issue while you watch, at a discounted rate ($10, rather than the normal $26), or I can walk you through this once I have a little more information.

Please click on http://whatsmyos.com/ and provide the results. This will tell us what version of Windows you are using.

Then if you can tell me how you get to your email (do you use web browser, or Outlook, or Eudora, Thunderbird, etc) and the last part of your email address (@gmil.com, @yahoo.com, @live.com, etc.), I can provide customized detailed instructions for you,