James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I am trying to connect my new Metopcs Samsung Galaxy Android

Customer Question

I am trying to connect my new Metopcs Samsung Galaxy Android to WiFi using my laptop which is connected to our main computer using a cisco router which is listed as a Ecstatic Dolphin. As I have done with my old cell phone, I typed in the password ***** the number that appears on my router, rf6x0mcLMP, and it does not work. I have tried this a number of times and it didn't work. The main computer uses a DSL connection powered by Charter Internet. It does not connect. This afternoon, I was able to connect my phone at my house in E. Hartford, CT 06118 using this method - my provider is Frontier. Why can't I connect from here in Lebanon, CT 06249? Can you help?
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message when connecting the phone to your Wi-Fi / wireless network name?

What's the model of your Cisco router?

If you connect the desktop or the laptop to the cisco router with an Ethernet / network cable, does internet work or not on the computer?

Do you have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me. Thank you.