Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

My MSN mail is hung up on the server and won't download to

Customer Question

My MSN mail is hung up on the server and won't download to Mail Version 5.3 on my Mac. If I go to the website "outlook.com" the mail does download. I can see the mail on Mail when I go to "get account info" but my only option there is to delete it. I can't see a way to force it to load. Could you help please?
Category: Email
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

What email program are you using?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mail Version 5.3 on my Mac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It would be great if you fixed it remotely. However, I'm concerned that it will happen again and I need to understand the steps to fix it myself.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Cody… Are you still there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When you come back , please refund any money I paid. I didn't get any help. Hope you understand. Cheers
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

I'm here, do you want to continue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you see the question? Did it make sense?
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

Yes it sounds like the send/receive settings are not entered correctly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have four mail accounts. Yahoo, MSN, Gmail, and iCloud.
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

Make sure MSN is setup with these settings http://group-mail.com/email-settings/hotmail-email-settings/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All worked except for MSN… which inexplicably stopped working on 25 Feb.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was in the middle of changing all the passwords. I did that … could you send me a test email to***@******.*** and see if Mail retrieves it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't receive a test mail at either Outlook.com or the Mail program. I guess it's still not working. I'll keep working to see if I can figure it out.
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

You could try removing the account and adding it again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll try that
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

k

Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

Checking in to see if you still need help with this issue, if so please reply at your convenience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i Cody,I deleted the old account, added a new one, as you suggested. That solved one problem and created another one. Now I have two accounts with the same name because the old one didn't really delete. I tried deleting it several times, restarting, etc. etc. Now some email goes to one and some goes to another. Inexplicable. I'll see if I can figure it out on my own. I will say that I am at least receiving email at the address in question now - a little aggravating but the mail seems to be receiving !!You had sent a link to "group mail" or something. I wasn't really interested in that feature - not sure why you sent that. Did I miss something?Now there is a nagging error about "can't find TRASH" file. Not sure what caused that. The whole thing behaves a lot slower than it did before.Sorry I can't be more descriptive - as you know there are ton of details associated with these things. I'm trying to learn more about Mac Mail in my free time.ThanksPascal
Expert:  Cody replied 1 year ago.

I thought group mail was the program you were using to access your email.

Maybe you can print screen the program so I know what your'e using.