Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have had a problem past, apparently, 8 months with

Customer Question

I have had a problem for the past, apparently, 8 months with receiving mail from a particular sender. We are the co-chairs on a book group putting together a selection of essays for publication. I am having three interelated problems:
1. My partner swears that she sent me some emails in June July of 2015 that contained attachments of the ff: (a) the newer drafts of the essays being sent out for publication, (b) abstracts for all of the essays, and (c) author's bios. My partner writes that I acknowledged receiving them, but I can find neither these emails and attachments nor my replies in my AOL files or in-box, which goes back a (too) long a ways.
2. Between October and mid January 2016 I did not received any emails from this person re the book project, although she communicated with others (and I should have received these messages), until approx. January 12 to the 19th of 2016.
3. On january 19th I sent her an email explaining the situation and my partner replied, saying she had sent these emails and attachments out in June and July of last year. She also replies with an email saying that she is attaching the abstracts and bios again, but then sends a second email saying she forgot the attachments and theefore included them with the second email. However, there are no attachments.
Because this is professional work and a project I started two and a half years ago to cap off my work in Anthropology (I am now 70), I am seriously concerned that I am becoming incompetent and disorganized in my coworkers and peers' eyes regarding this project. It is possible that I received the emails and attachments but somehow did not store them properly, misfiled them, or somehow erased them from my laptop and/or from my aol account.
How should I/we proceed? I am totally lost at sea.
Thank you for your assistance, William (Bill) H. Heaney from***@******.***
( Perhaps this can wait to Sunday morning to go over with you. I can also supply an email chain that shows my partner's email address and the issues.)
Category: Email
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I will support your question going forward for free.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Bill, this could be for too many reasons to even list, we will nee to talk more, and i would suggest by phone so we can quickly narrow it down. Please let me know what you think.

Tim