James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I want to move folders from my Hotmail account to my desktop

Customer Question

Hi My name is***** want to move folders from my Hotmail account to my desktop so I can save the documents in a place other than Hotmail on my computer.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just want "eBay" folder of saved emails to go to a folder "eBay" on my desktop that would have all my saved correspndance.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Email technicians generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Email
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I want to close the Hotmail account and want to save certain folders with all the emails in them in separate place (folder on my computer or in my documents). I don't want to have to copy and paste each individual email into word the save them into a specific folder. I want a quick way to transfer the entire folder at one tome saving the information.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

Hi Barb, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?

Can I remotely access your computer using our Secure Remote Assistance program so that I can directly check and do all the required procedures for you while you watch your screen?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Are you here right now Jess?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
you can access my computer - just tell me if you want mew to have the hotmail account pulled up on the acreen at the time or if you are going to open everything up on your own. Thanks, Barb
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Oh, I am using windows.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I will to someone tomorrow. Thanks again, Barb
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

Hi Barb,

Thank you for writing back and sorry for the late reply. Thank you for your permission to use Secure Remote Assistance.

Secure Remote Assistance is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.

Please let me know if you want this remote option.

Best regards,
Jess