Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  All type of email clients, microsoft, web based, linux
63493917

SEEMED TO HAVE DELETED ALL MY INBOX EMAILS Did something on

Customer Question

SEEMED TO HAVE DELETED ALL MY INBOX EMAILS Did something on my iphone and sbcglobal.net inbox is now empty Verizon says gone for good
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: such as?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Email technicians generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Email
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

Unfortunately SBCGlobal uses an email protocol called IMAP.

.

IMAP is the NEW way of using and keeping track of emails.

It used to be called POP, and that system would allow you to keep a copy of emials on your device, and a copy on the Email server. When you deleted on your device, it did NOT delete off the server, you had to manually go into the server and delete. Pain in the But.

.

But then came along IMAP, which was a bit different but still similar. YOu can still download a copy of your emails to your device, however, the email server will continuously update itself from your device (if you have internet connection that is). So when you delete an email from yoru device...the Email server notices, and then delets the email form the server too.

.

So....if you delet emails from your device, they are now GONE forever.

.

However, some email's will keep a copy of ALL emails deleted in a folder called the TRASH folder.

This is similar to a Recyclt Bin on your computer. When you delete somethign it goes to the recycle bin, and gets permanently deleted after a certain amount of time.

.

So in this case, your ONLY hope is to check if there is a TRASH folder on your Email, and then try to restore from the Trash folder.

.

If you do NOT have a Trash folder, then your Emails are essentially GONE...Unfortunately.

.

Please take a moment to rate my performance. Thank you!