Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I need to get a download of my Recent Activity on my Hotmail

Customer Question

I need to get a download of my Recent Activity on my Hotmail account. However, since I changed my security details recently, I am unable to access this information for 30 days. Can a Hotmail administrator download this information and send it to me please?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you saying that you are still able to access your Hotmail account, but then, since you added or removed a security information form your account, Hotmail allows you 30 days to recover the security info like an old phone or old alternate email address, thus you cannot access the "Accounts" area of your Hotmail account?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can access my outlook (i.e emails). However I wanted to check activity on my account since I suspect somebody logged into my account using my credentials on 17/02/2016 and 18/02/2016. I need to get the details of all the log-in activity for these two days.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. But you cannot access the "Accounts" area of your email because there is a pending change in your security information. Is this correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is correct. And I was wondering if a Hotmail Administrator can download the information that I need and send it to me.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information.

Unfortunately, that is NOT possible. Only you can access your account since Microsoft is very strict when it comes to privacy and security. It s just so unfortunate that you just need to wait for the "account lock" to be lifted before you can access your "Accounts" area of your Hotmail account.

Yes, there is a way to contact a Hotmail moderator but the main purpose for contact is to assist in recovering the account once all other means of recovery fail. So it is just unfortunate that this is a security and privacy protocol and that a Hotmail moderator cannot download your recent activity logs for you. Only you can access your "accounts" area where recent activity logs are shown and you just have to wait for the allotted time when the lock is lifted by Hotmail (30 days).

I know that this is not the kind of answer you hope or want to hear and I hate to be the bearer of this bad news to you. But it will be unfair to you and unprofessional of me if I will not provide you the real answer to your query.

At this point, you have placed a deposit and I only get credit for my time and help if you rate positively (3 to 5 stars/faces). It if up to you if you want to credit me or not. But please do not rate me negatively (1 to 2 stars/faces) if you do not want to pay. You can leave my service unrated if you want to process a refund. Here is the link about refunding:

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

Thank you for using our service.

Best regards,

Jess