Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I'm trying to set up gmail account on settings on my iphone

Customer Question

I'm trying to set up gmail account on settings on my iphone for 2 days but keep going around in circles. I have been generated an app password ***** enter when I edit my account but can't set it up. I have received several codes but keep getting wrong code message???
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you mean you've generated the app password ***** the Google website below, and it did not work:

http://accounts.google.com/

- Can you open the Settings app icon on the iPhone, then select option Mail, Contacts, Calendar, then tap on your gmail account if shown, and delete it for now

, then tap on Add Account option, then select Google option, then sign in with your regular gmail email password (instead of an app password), and check; if it does not work, try again with an app password.

- If that does not work, please delete the gmail account again if shown, then don't add it again

, then open App Store app icon, then type / search for gmail then install the Gmail app

, then open the Gmail app, then sign in your gmail email address with your regular gmail password ***** check.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I solved it myself using backup verification
Code

Great, I'm glad you got it working now. Also, if you'd like to, you can try using the Gmail app from App Store; it is the official email app from Google / Gmail; it may work better for now. Do you need help with anything else today on your iPhone, and/or with any computer / electronics question / issue? Please reply at the box below. Thank you for the update.