James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

REGARDING GOOGLE ACCOUNT: I mistakenly associated/designated

Customer Question

REGARDING GOOGLE ACCOUNT:
I mistakenly associated/designated a wrong email address to my google account as a primary address and I dont know how to remove it or change it anymore
Category: Email
Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your computer.

When did the problem start?

May I start a secure remote session so we can work on the problem together from your computer?

Please reply using the box below.

Regards,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
THE PROBLEM STARTED WHEN I CREATED A TEMPORARY EMAIL ADDRESS AND MUST MISTAKENLY DESIGNATED THAT TEMPORARY ADDRESS AS MY MAIN ADDRESS.SORRY, DONT WANT TO PAY $42 FOR THE REMOTE TECH SUPPORT
Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

That's okay but you will require remote assistance to get this issue resolved unless you can give me some more information.

Are you currently logged into your temporary address?

Do you know your main account's password?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I HAVE ACCESS TO ALL ACCOUNTS AND ALL PASSWORDS.I CAN ALSO SEE THE SECTION "PERSONAL INFO & PRIVACY" WHERE MY "GOOGLE ACCOUNT EMAIL" AND "RECOVERY EMAILS" ARE SHOWN.I JUST NEED TO KNOW WHERE IS THE OPTION TO CHANGE OR SWAP THE CURRENT/INCORRECT "GOOGLE ACCOUNT EMAIL" TO THE NEW/CORRECT ADDRESS
Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

Oh okay, I can tell you how to do that.

Click here:

https://mail.google.com/mail/logout?hl=en

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
THANKS,BUT THAT ONLY LOGS ME OUT.WHAT I NEED IS TO DISASSOCIATE THE CURRENT PRIMARY EMAIL ADDRESS***@******.*** AND CHANGE IT ANOTHER EMAIL***@******.***I JUST NEED TO KNOW WHERE IS THE OPTION TO CHANGE OR SWAP THE CURRENT/INCORRECT "GOOGLE ACCOUNT EMAIL" TO THE NEW/CORRECT EMAIL
Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

If you're referring to the delegated accounts you add individually to your account take a look here instead:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/138350?hl=en