Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna, Engineer
Experience:  Sr System Administrator at General Dynamics
92043526

I want to reactivate my yahoo email, I deeleted the acct due

Customer Question

I want to reactivate my yahoo email
JA: Got it. The Email Technician will be able to help you. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I deeleted the acct due to spam issues, but did not realize my files were not exported to my new gmail acct. I need to reopen to export them
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Email Technician should know?
Customer: just need my files
JA: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Email Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Email
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't think you have my email address to respond to me
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Harold Hanna replied 9 months ago.

I can attempt to assist you, how long ago did you delete this account?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
2 days ago
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have to go to work now. Can you please respond by email at***@******.***. Thanks! Rita

Hello Rita, I will be happy to assist you with this. This is set to automatically send an email to your account when I respond so you should see our conversation there. Please go to the following address --

https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery

It is more likely you will get better service if someone was unauthorized on your computer who deleted the account. If you deleted it yourself, they may say it is your issue. If someone else deleted it, then you may have got hacked and they deleted your email in an attempt to extort money from you, for example. Let me know of your progress once you start the recovery process.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
You have sent me instructions on how to activate a gmail account. I need to reactivate a yahoo account. You did not have my new email address as I never gave it to you before. Please see it above.

My apologies, please try this link --

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2047.html

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That just tells me how to reset or change my password..
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
All I need is to get my files from my deactivated yahoo account. I have bee through all the loops to reactivate and the simply tell me that I cannot reactivate on line by have to contact the customer care. When I click on the link below it keeps sending me through the loop again. See files attach that show screen shots of what is happening!

You can click on the "I think someone else is using my account" and say that they threatened to delete your email. In most cases I've seen they are more likely to restore your account if it was deleted by an unauthorized user. I'm not sure if this is what happened of course, but it is more likely to use this route in an attempt to recover the emails.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
iT takes me on the same loop again! Help! Is there no wait to contact them outside their on line help center loop? They say I have 90 days to recover my files.. It might just take that long..!
But you are not really being any help. You send me to the same loop..

I understand. It is difficult to get through their procedures and I have no way to verify your information with Yahoo myself, I can only attempt to guide you to the best of my ability. I have found a way for you to explain your problem through a submission form, which I believe will be a way out of the "loop" we are currently in. Please follow these steps to be able to send a message to Yahoo to explain your problem. I am unable to find an email or phone number, but this is a submission form and should get the process started.

Please go to -- https://io.help.yahoo.com

Click on Account

Click on Hacked Account

Click on Received Alert that I didn't Request

When you click on this, you should see an option stating "We're here to help!" -- Email

Click this to begin the report on the issue. You may want to enter a second working email account so they can contact you.

----

Again, if this is the loop you are stuck in, I apologize. I can not see exactly what you have clicked and how far along you are in the process. I am assuming you are getting stuck somewhere in the loops for documentation, but you can let me know in more detail. I have looked at the pictures above and this seems to be further along than you were, and is also a method of communication with a person who can assist you. As I mentioned I do not see any direct emails or phone numbers to contact Yahoo, as they would likely get tens of thousands of calls a day, and for a free service (email) this would be expensive for them. Not saying it's right, just saying that is likely the thought behind why it is so difficult to contact them. Please let me know how far you get with this and if you have better luck following the above steps!

Where you able to fix this with the suggested options? I believe this would have taken you to a different form of questioning where you could talk to their tech support. Please let me know if I was able to help, and thank you.