Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

Pop up says: the last time you opened Mail, it unexpectedly

Customer Question

Pop up says: the last time you opened Mail, it unexpectedly quit while reopening windows. Do you want to try to reopen its windows again? I clicked on 'Reopen'. flashed back to my email page with my junk emails in blue (I was trying to mass delete them) and then to "Mail quit unexpectedly. Do you want to reopen? I clicked on 'Reopen" and I get a repeat of all of the above. Won't do anything else and above messages stay on /safari or whatever else I go to.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

To confirm, this is happening within Apple Mail on the Mac? Or another email program?

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
On my Macbook Pro
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** need to know the mail program

Is it Apple Mail? Or another email program?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I pay an ADDITIONAL $39 for remote???????? Plus the other $30?????
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Total $69??????
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

As I said its optional else please respond to the question I have been asking.

I need to know the mail program

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm not sure. It's the email that came with my Mac, so I assume it's Apple. I'm not very computer literate so I think it best if you just get on and fix it.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

ok, if you accept the offer which as I said is optional then I can do this for you, else I will give you the instructions to do

Let me know how you wish to proceed please

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
As stated in prior email. Get on and fix it.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Then accept the offer please. I am waiting on your to do this.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Do they need additional information? My credit card info is correct.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

No, I need you to accept the offer please, and once its accepted I can connect and fix this for you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I've Accepted twice.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

It has not come through as accepted and the system is working as I am working with customers on this now.

I will post it again for you to accept.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What am I missing on my account info that it keeps rejecting??
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

I do not know sorry I cannot see this, as I am only an engineer here

Your best to call customer service on 1(###) ###-####and this can be sorted for you,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm doing that right now.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Thank you

Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It still shows an error with my account. I spoke with a lady there and there is no problem!! What next??
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What can be done to get past this problem?? The lady said all is well with my credit card info.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

You will have to do the instructions yourself, they are as follows

Power off the mac

Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window

choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.

Click the First Aid tab.

Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.

Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").

Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks. I'll get back with you soon. Sorry I'm so high maintenance!!!!!
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

no problem and thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I guess my response didn't get back to you. Response was that all is OK now to proceed. My credit card company put a stop on my account because there was a second request for money from a different address and I just went through a fraud problem on my account and had to get a new card. They were being cautious.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is anyone there?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please call me on my cell ***-***-**** when you're ready. I'll leave this page open but have to do things.