James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I stupidly deleted some emails in May, June and July 2014

Customer Question

Hi
I stupidly deleted some emails in May, June and July 2014 permanently (as in emptied my trash and all) trying to delete a friendship which I bitterly regretted almost immediately. I have been trying to recover my emails since then. I was a total idiot and need to reconnect with a person I barely know so he doesn't blame himself for something that was totally my fault. Is there any way I can recover emails from so long ago? He deserves to know what a decent guy he really is. I need to do this. .. Please help me.
Many thanks
Cindy
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi there Cindy and welcome

I am really sorry to hear about this.

Just to confirm, the email service you did this on what hotmail correct?

And was it directly in your web browser? Or via an email program such as outlook 2010?

Please let me know.

Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,