Russell H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proud to have been getting computer technicalities into working order since 1988.
13568747

I have a client using hosted exchange. s email box size is

Customer Question

I have a client using hosted exchange. His email box size is 36Gb. Performance was terrible. I have since enable cached exchange mode (Outlook 2016) on both his home and work computers and set it to sync the last 6 months. Performance is much better, but now his phone and computers don't seem to be synchronizing. Any suggestions?
Category: Email
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It's quite possible that when you enabled cached exchange mode, you also made the Permissions for the folder and/or files involved in computer and phone synchronizing, too high for your customer. Check the permissions of those files, and those files/folders Owner, to make sure that isn't the case.

In cached exchange mode, you may find that user names are ***** ***** in the GAL. If that's happening, it could prevent your client's users from syncing.