James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

We just switched my old Eudora email files over to

Customer Question

Hi, we just switched my old Eudora email files over to Thunderbird. Unfortunately they were running on Eudora 7! I got my old incoming messages in the general email but all of my various "mailboxes" where I filed specific emails did not transfer over. Now did the "Sent" file. What can I do to rectify that (I still have the old computer with all of the Eudora data). Thanks. I like using Thunderbird and will figure out how to donate later.
Joan (*****@******.***)
Category: Email
Expert:  Cody replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Start off by taking your Thunderbird offline or moving the current emails to a local folder within Thunderbird so you have a backup.
I would then setup your Eudora settings to use imap, so that all your emails will sync to the server. Then do the same in Thunderbird. From there you can move everything over locally in case you're wanting pop3 setup for your email account.

I can be available tonight for a remote session if you would prefer that.

Expert:  Cody replied 10 months ago.

Checking in to see if you still need help with this issue, if so please reply at your convenience