Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  10+ years of work experience.
30759776

Can I get help exporting my address book from AOL to Yahoo

Customer Question

Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.

My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Please give just a moment to prepare step by step instructions for you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok, Thanks.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.

To save your AIM Mail or AOL Mail address book to a file:

• Select Contacts in the AIM Mail or AOL Mail folder list.
  • Click Export.
  • Choose the CSV format under File Type. Make a note of the file name and where you saved it.

Now, lets import the addresses into Yahoo using the following instructions:

Step 1

Launch a Web browser on your computer and log into your Yahoo Mail account.

Step 2

Click the "Contacts" tab near the top of the Web page.

Step 3

Click the "Actions" button near the top of the Contacts page and select "Import Contacts" from the drop-down menu.

Step 4

Click the "Others" button.

Step 5

Remove the check mark from the "Another Yahoo Account" option.

Step 6

Place a check mark in front of the correct source of the CSV. Options include "A Desktop Email Program (Outlook, AppleMail, etc.)," Gmail, Hotmail and AOL.

Step 7

Click the "Browse" button that appears under the option you just activated.

Step 8

Select the CSV file in the resulting file browser and click "Open."

Step 9

Place a check mark in front of the "I give Yahoo permission to send my username and password..." option near the bottom of the page.

Step 10

Click "Continue" and wait for Yahoo to extract the contacts from the CSV file.

Step 11

Click the "Select All" option and click "Import" to import the CSV file into Yahoo Mail.

Step 12

Click "Finish" to finish importing the contacts.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I do not have a contact list in my "folders" section
Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.

If you'd like, I can perform these steps for you , and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here.

If the information that I've provided is helpful and allows you to perform this task on your own, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please allow me to continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.

Try this please. In the Mail Options drop-down menu, select Address Book. Let me know if that works for you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
In the Option drop down there is no address book
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This is where I am running into problems
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I need you to remote my computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.

Please accept the additional services offer and you will then be provided with a link to click on so I canconnect to your computer and work on this while you watch.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I paid for this yesterday without getting the problem resolved
Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry to hear that. I am independent expert on Just Answer and I am happy to help you but the only way that I am compensated is by resolving your issue and getting a good rating. You can contact customer service to request a refund for yesterday's charges if they were unable to help you. I can't proceed without the additional services offer being accepted. Would you like for me to opt out and see if someone else is willing to help?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sure I have sent an email to who was helping me yesterday and he has not responded.
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 10 months ago.

I will be the person helping you today.

I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.

May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?

Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.

Thank you,
Jason

May I ask whether or not you still need help with this problem?
Thank you,
Jason