Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Check this utility error

Customer Question

check this utility error
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome Jean

To clarify, you have a program called Check this utility, and it is giving you an error.

Is this the problem you are having?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I want to talk with someone and give them my credit card information.
Jean Klinghoffer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok, there is no need for your credit card information to me Jean, I am the engineer here.

Do you want me to connect to your computer and fix this directly or we continue here via messaging.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi! Richard
Thank you for your response. Can you call me on the phone(###) ###-####
Jean Klinghoffer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Jean,

I work online here as calling will be too hard to convey instructions to you.

I keep repeating but it seems your missing or ignoring my messages to you I have been sending for the last 40 minutes.

Ill try again....

Do you want me to connect to your computer and fix this directly? This is the Easiest for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
p.s.
I gave my credit card # ***** someone earlier and the company is denying the claim since there was no service.Jean
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok Jean but that has nothing to do with me or us.

With all due respect, are you just ignoring my messages to you? As its been 40 minutes now and still you will not even acknowledge them

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi! Richard,
I did not know you had answered.
I have been busy with my credit card company; someone just tried to use my credit card without my permission.
Jean
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok.... can we now continue?