GeekGal
GeekGal, Email Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS Degree & 15 + years experience supporting email issues of all kinds
76665483

Trying to get in to my yahoo account
, I opened a

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, trying to get in to my yahoo account
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I opened a Flickr account about 8 years ago and to do this I created a yahoo id which i linked to a hotmail email that is no longer in use (has been closed down). I haven't used flckr for about 6 years but it still has some my photos on there which appear when you search my name in google. i want to delete my flckr account but can't access it because I don't know my yahoo ID
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Computer Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: To be honest i am not sure they will be able to help so i will probably pass and try and find a solution elsewhere
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. My name is***** will be my pleasure to assist you with this. I will provide detailed instructions to help you regain access to your Yahoo account.

When you first setup your account, if you associated a phone number, you may be able to regain access by simply going to the sign in page and clicking on "can't access your account?” On the next page, enter your yahoo email address and click “submit”. You will then be asked to complete the phone # ***** is partially displayed. If you didn't not associate a cell phone number or no longer have access to that cell phone, you may still be able to access your account by going here and answering a few questions about your account.

If that fails, your next step should be to try to regain access to your hotmail account. Hotmail is part of the Microsoft family now, so the instructions below should help you regain access to that.

V

Please go this website: https://account.live.com/password/reset

Make the appropriate selection. If you have no idea what your password ***** be, choose I forgot my password. If you think you know your password ***** it isn’t allowing you to sign in, choose that one. Click next.

On the next page enter the email address that you are trying to gain access to. Also enter the “CAPTCHA” that is displayed on the page. Occasionally they can be difficult to read. If this is the case, click on the audio button to have the computer read it aloud to you. After entering it click next. If you have entered the CAPTCHA incorrectly you will be given the opportunity to try again. When it has been entered correctly, please click next.

On the next page you can choose to have a code sent to the phone associated with your account or to the recovery email associated with your account. If you no longer have access to the phone or to the recovery email, click on “I don’t have any of these”.

This will give you the opportunity to answer a few questions and provide a few details about how you used this email account in the past. You will be asked things like the email address of people that you emailed from the account, the subject of some of the emails that you may have sent, etc. This is to establish that you are indeed the rightful owner of the account. If you can provide enough details, they will be able to give you access to the account. Simply follow their instructions and answer the questions to the best of your ability.

Hopefully this will help you to regain access to your account(s). If so, please rate my service by clicking on the stars and then finish or submit. If you are aren't satisfied, please do not rate me yet. Please give me the opportunity to clarify any instructions that may have been unclear and to provide any additional assistance that may be needed. Your 100% satisfaction is my goal!