Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

Someone sent out an email to me and another person. Its

Customer Question

Customer: Hi. someone sent out an email to me and another person. Its Hotmail so we can't recall the email. How can my email address be hidden so when the person opens the mail my address would not be seen
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what other information needed
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Email Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Unfortunately, that is not possible. Once an email message, all the content, including the email address(es), is sent to the recipient(s), there is no way to delete any part of it. Only the email address(es), that are in the BCC (blind carbon copy) section, are not sent. The sent email is already in the recipient's email account. Per privacy / security policy, no one is allowed to edit / delete anything in any other person's email account.

Also, it's not just with Hotmail that you can't recall emails. You cannot recall emails with other email providers either, such as Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, Comcast, AT&T, Verizon, etc.

Let me know if you need any more information. Also, do you need anything else for now?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.