Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

This is ***** ***** Hemmes. My welcome screen is not

Customer Question

Customer: This is ***** ***** Hemmes. My welcome screen is not completing loading and has a formatting issue, Most of the page is artwork components on the left hand side of the page. I think I have AOL9.8.0 running on Windows 8.1. Rest of web works fine once I get [ast the welcome page.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Waiting doesn't help. Problem arose 3 days ago. The loading is very slow before halting. I suspect a slightly damaged update file if one was distributed in the last week with changes ot welcome page.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Email Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I can wait. Should I restore computer to a week ago before going the expert route?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

To confirm is this with the AOL Desktop program or AOL within your Web browser?

Please let me know.