James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I am getting this message when I try to open Microsoft

Customer Question

I am getting this message when I try to open Microsoft Outlook 2012. Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlookwindow. The set of folders cannot be opened.. . . . . .
Can you help me?
Category: Email
Expert:  Barun replied 10 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

It looks like your Outlook PST file has gotten corrupt, and needs to be repaired.

May I set up a quick, secure remote session (NO extra charge) to check the issue now?

Please reply back to me below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How do I know that I can trust you?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Barun replied 10 months ago.

Please rest assured; we have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau:

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403

Our remote session will be completely secure, and you will be able to see exactly what I'm doing during the remote session. Please disregard any phone call offer if it shows up on your screen, and reply back to me below.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
lets set up a remote session.
Expert:  Barun replied 10 months ago.

Okay, let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=87f707d4-82d8-4855-83c6-db9adbc715d6

On the page that opens up, click "I Agree".

Download the remote file when prompted, and then OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded (at the bottom of your browser window.)

I'll then be connected. Thank you.

Expert:  Barun replied 10 months ago.

If you are having any issues with downloading/running the remote file as directed in my above reply, please be sure to let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It says it is downloaded, but I cannot open it.
Expert:  Barun replied 10 months ago.

No issues; let's try using another remote tool now.

Please open up the following link:
http://tinyurl.com/azwl8gu

Save the file, when prompted. Next, open up the downloaded "TeamViewerQS_en" file from your downloads.

Reply back to me with the ID and password ***** by the TeamViewer window. Please make sure to keep that window running as well. Thank you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Im sorry. Evidently, the downloads are not coming through. Any other suggestions?
Expert:  Barun replied 10 months ago.

Are you using Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome as your browser?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have tried Internet Explorer. Shall I try google Chrome?
Expert:  Barun replied 10 months ago.

Yes, please right-click and copy the following link:

Next, right-click and paste the link in Chrome, and open it up.

Click "I Agree" - an "Elsinore Screen Connect" file should be downloaded at the very bottom of your Chrome window. Click on that file, and run when prompted - and I'll be connected.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
there is not enough space on my disk. Let's just forget it.
Expert:  Barun replied 10 months ago.

Would you like me to provide you with the steps to carry out yourself now, to resolve the issue with Outlook?