Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

My Outlook 2007 will not send or receive messages. error

Customer Question

my Outlook 2007 will not send or receive messages. error message is cannot connect to server. Is this a Microsoft issue or do I need to contact someone else?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tami, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please tell me the email provider of the email account in your Outlook 2007? Is it Gmail? Yahoo Mail? AOL? or your custom domain email? (like @yourcompany.com)

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Jess. hot mail is that what you need?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Tami,

Thank you for writing back with that information. Yes, Hotmail is an email provider. Now, you are using Outlook 2007 to send and receive emails for your Hotmail account and you are getting that error message or unable to send and receive.

First, please try to access your Hotmail account using a web browser (not Outlook 2007).

Use your web browser, and then go to http://hotmail.com and then sign in. Please let me know if you are able to sign in there.

Thank you.

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I lost you. Call me?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I am very sorry but I do not provide phone support. I only provide online chat support like what we are doing now, and remote access support which is better than a phone call since I can actually perform the procedure to fix the problem for you while you watch.

Do you want this remote option instead?

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.

Please let me know if you want this remote option.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not know how to get back to the remote access
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where we were.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

If you want the remote access option, I can send you the formal offer. You can accept it so that we can start the remote session.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just forget it
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Tami, I am sorry if I was not able to help and I respect your decision if you do not want to continue with the remote session. But if you want to continue with this chat mode, then I can send you procedures that you can follow to fix the problem.

Please let me know.

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like that if it is not going to cost me more. Thank you
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, we can do the remote session then with the fees waived. Are you still available for the remote session now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session.

1. Please click on this link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=08a2e6ab-4082-4529-bce8-6af6bcaffaa3

2. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button
3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.
4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.

Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ran the download & there is a join me/210230772 at the top. Do I need to click on one of those?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

We will not be using JoinMe. I already gave you the procedure, please follow them to join me in the remote session that is already running.

You just need to download and run the tool

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

How is it going?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm so stupid I guess. I am trying. You link takes me to join me. I downloaded & do not see an I agree
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I closed the session since it has been an hour already and you have not joined.

Here is a new link:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=fc975283-1370-414a-a98a-fd04d6f5d500