Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

My email messages were saved in the various categories (New/

Customer Question

My email messages were saved in the various categories (New/ Trash/ etc.) until recently. Now only 25 messages are available for me to view. Can I retrieve older messages and can I change the number of messages that remain available before they disappear? Thanks
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I will be the person helping you today.

I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.

May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?

Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jason, I found a category "All Mail" in the sidebar of my incoming mail screen. Using that feature brings back the missing messages I had never deleted. I haven't retrieved the missing/older messages in the mail categories of Promotions and Social. I have no problems with using a remote session. Thanks

I do not understand what you are referring to when you mention the missing/older messages in the "Promotions and Social" categories. Please, describe what you mean.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

May I set up a quick, secure remote session to check the Gmail account for you now?

Please reply back to me below. Thank you.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

(Please disregard any phone call offer that shows up on your screen now, and reply back to me below. The remote session will come at NO extra charge.)

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

I'm a different expert; your previous expert, Jason, opted out earlier - please reply back and we will proceed accordingly. Thank you.