Martin, Network Engineer
Experience:  10+ Years Experience CCNA Network Engineer A+ Net+ Linux & Windows OS C++ Programming
74139101

If I put the address of my appointment on my ICal it will

Customer Question

If I put the address of my appointment on my ICal it will notify me when I should leave, does outlook have a similar feature?
Category: Email
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.

Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.

Do you want a reminder to pop up letting you know when your appointment is or something else?

If so, what version of Outlook are you using?

Please reply using the box below.

Regards,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not necessarily a reminder, but somehow ICal with factor in traffic, etc drive time, so I get a notice saying you need to leave by X time to make it to this meeting. Ex: a drive would usually take 30 mins, but on this specific date/time there is an accident on the freeway so the drive will take an hour, ICal sends a notice like 1hr and 15 mins before my appointment telling me I need to leave in 1 hour to reach my appointment on time.
Does that makes sense?
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.

Oh right, I understand now.

As far as I know it doesn't but I'll do some research for you and let you know in a couple of minutes.

Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.

Looks like it isn't an inbuilt function but can be added with some effort - there's an addon that installs Bing maps, Google maps, etc into Outlook for you and allows you to achieve a similar thing.

http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/mapit4meetings.htm

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
we will try that and see if it works.thanks!
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.

You are most welcome, let me know how it goes!

If you have any doubts or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you're happy with the service I'm providing so far feel free to click on one of the 5 stars above followed by Finish as it would be greatly appreciated!

Remember you can continue replying to me until you've got all the information you need.

Regards,