James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I have been using email and now I have been blocked by

Customer Question

I have been using email for decades and now I have been blocked by microsoft for accessing my emails from any other computer but my own. I live in Trent Lakes Ontario Canada and I was able to access my email once on November 19th at a funeral home in Toronto. then when we got home we couldn't even access our email. I also tried to access my email when I was in Halifax Nova Scotia last week and was unable to. I used to be able to access email anywhere. I am a senior and do not want to carry my laptop around when I travel and I do not have an ipad or iphone. We have 2 computers for me and my husband. Mine is a laptop and his is a regular computer. Can you make my email access universal?
Category: Email
Expert:  Cory replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I am Cory.

Is it blocked on the computer, but not the laptop?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Microsoft blocked my original email which is***@******.***........my husband tried to get it back up and running thru the very complicated microsoft procedure with codes etc but we couldn't do it. I would really like my old email back, however we were very upset and the people at microsoft were not very helpful. All I want to know is why can't I access my email when I am someplace else without all this rigmarole.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
we couldn't access email on either computer.
Expert:  Cory replied 10 months ago.

Are you in a different country?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We live in Canada. Where are u from? and is this costing me everytime we email each other. Please answer asap. Thanks
Expert:  Cory replied 10 months ago.

No, it does not.

What have you done to try to unblock?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Alex went thru the online help and answered numerous questions for identity verification and the 4 digit code was given and when he imputed it it asked for 7 digits!
Expert:  Cory replied 10 months ago.

you didnt get an email to just reset your password?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No email to reset password.
Expert:  Cory replied 10 months ago.

I would like to help you with this remotely. I can connect to your computer and make sure it is done correctly for just $9.99 extra. Would you like me to do that?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK, yes
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have decided to cancel my subscription and I do not want to pay anymore for no help at all. Please ensure I am not charged any more money on my credit card. Thank you.