Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

Please help! All of my emails disappeared on December 1st,

Customer Question

Please help! All of my emails disappeared on December 1st, 2015 when I changed my password. I didn't physically delete anything, but I'm unable to recover any of those emails prior to that date!
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Hi there and welcome Erica

Can you tell me please which email service you are using and how exactly you access it please?

Thank you

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Richard,I use gmail, and I access my accounts through my IPhone.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Thank you

If you click on my link below, and sign in, do you then see the missing emails Erica?

www.gmail.com

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, it's the same as before. The furthest back I can go is the an email on November 13, 2015, which is a password ***** verification email.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** left you see More, then click Trash

Do you see the emails there?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, still nothing.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

ok, you will then have to fill in this form, and if the emails are still on the server, they will be restored within 48 hours.

https://support.google.com/mail/contact/missingemails?rd=1

Once filled in, wait 48 hours for the request to be processed and if the emails have not already been removed from the server, they will be returned to your account. It is the only option left in this situation Erica.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok, will do. Thank you Richard!
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Your welcome!

Let me know if you need anything else, and please remember the service rating via the stars at the top then submit

Thank you Erica