GeekGal
GeekGal, Email Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS Degree & 15 + years experience supporting email issues of all kinds
76665483

I recently moved. The phone number you have to access my

Customer Question

I recently moved. The phone number you have to access my account is no longer in service. I have an email account***@******.*** My windows 10 computer will not accept either the password ***** have on file for Microsoft or Outlook.
Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

Hi there. My name is***** will be my pleasure to assist you with this.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

By default, Windows 10 uses your Microsoft account to login. It appears that you have forgotten the password. I will be happy to provide you with detailed instructions to help you reset it.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

Let's begin by going to this website: https://account.live.com/password/reset.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

Make the appropriate selection. If you have no idea what your password ***** be, choose I forgot my password. If you think you know your password ***** it isn’t allowing you to sign in, choose that one. Click next.

On the next page enter the email address that you are trying to gain access to. Also enter the “CAPTCHA” that is displayed on the page. Occasionally they can be difficult to read. If this is the case, click on the audio button to have the computer read it aloud to you. After entering it click next. If you have entered the CAPTCHA incorrectly you will be given the opportunity to try again. When it has been entered correctly, please click next.

On the next page you can choose to have a code sent to the phone associated with your account or to the recovery email associated with your account. If you no longer have access to the phone or to the recovery email, click on “I don’t have any of these”.

This will give you the opportunity to answer a few questions and provide a few details about how you used this email account in the past. You will be asked things like the email address of people that you emailed from the account, the subject of some of the emails that you may have sent, etc. This is to establish that you are indeed the rightful owner of the account. If you can provide enough details, they will be able to give you access to the account. Simply follow their instructions and answer the questions to the best of your ability.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

Do you have questions or need additional help? If so, please let me know so I can continue working with you. If my answer was helpful, please take a moment to rate me by clicking on the stars and then clicking submit. Have a great day!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

If you are satisfied with my answer, please be kind and take a moment to rate me so I will be paid for my time. If you are not satisfied, please let me know so I can continue working with you or refer you to another expert. do not issue a rating until you have provided me with an opportunity to address any remaining questions or issues. Your complete satisfaction is my goal!