James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I forgot my passsword, however, I can only remember the

Customer Question

I forgot my passsword for gmail, however, I can only remember the password ***** had before changing it. Can you possibly help me? Thank you so very much.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues with your Gmail account. Can you please tell me the part of your email address before the @gmail.com so that I can check you recovery options?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information.

Are you using the same computer or device that you have been using to access this problem Gmail account?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it's a laptop
Do you know how long this will take? I am on disability and have to take some meds b-4 going to bed b/c they make me sleepy.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
are you still there?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Yes I am still here. Is this laptop the device that you have been using to access this email in the past?

Did you enable 2-step verification recently?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
why do you ask?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

I am asking because, your laptop is being blocked from accessing your Gmail due to the 2-step verification.

Do you still have access to your recovery email that is a Yahoo email? (d•••••••••••••*****@******.***)

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I forgot that password, too, sorry.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Are you saying that you CANNOT access this Yahoo email as well?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
not without the password
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Can I remotely access your laptop so that I can directly check and help you recover the accounts while you watch? When connected remotely, I can search for traces of your email and the saved or remembered passwords so that we can recover the accounts.

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.

Please let me know if you want this remote option.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
that's okay. As I stated earlier, I am getting tired and very sleepy and I really need to go to bed. I suffered a brain aneurysm.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

I am very sorry about that. Please take your time to rest, we can resume with this tomorrow when you are up and online again.

For the mean time, I will send you the formal offer. Please accept it so that we can initiate the remote access session but we can do the remote session tomorrow since you need to sleep now.

Thank you.

Jess

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How long will this process take?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

1 to 2 hours I believe

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can't possibly stay up that length of time. Thank you for your input, I will see if my brother can fix it. Have a good night.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Like I said, we can resume with the remote session tomorrow when you are back and available. Just bookmark this page so that you can easily get back to me to resume.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Tomorrow is out of the question, b/c I will be out of town for a few tests. again, thank you so very much.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

You're welcome. Have a good night sleep

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
you as well
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Thanks. It is still 3:40PM in my country now. We have a big time difference I believe.

If you need further assistance with this in the future, just let me know.

Best regards,

Jess