James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I forgot my passsword, however, I can only remember the

Customer Question

I forgot my passsword for gmail, however, I can only remember the password ***** had before changing it. Can you possibly help me? Thank you so very much.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues with your Gmail account. Can you please tell me the part of your email address before the @gmail.com so that I can check you recovery options?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information.

Are you using the same computer or device that you have been using to access this problem Gmail account?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's a laptop
Do you know how long this will take? I am on disability and have to take some meds b-4 going to bed b/c they make me sleepy.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Yes I am still here. Is this laptop the device that you have been using to access this email in the past?

Did you enable 2-step verification recently?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why do you ask?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I am asking because, your laptop is being blocked from accessing your Gmail due to the 2-step verification.

Do you still have access to your recovery email that is a Yahoo email? (d•••••••••••••*****@******.***)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot that password, too, sorry.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Are you saying that you CANNOT access this Yahoo email as well?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not without the password
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Can I remotely access your laptop so that I can directly check and help you recover the accounts while you watch? When connected remotely, I can search for traces of your email and the saved or remembered passwords so that we can recover the accounts.

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.

Please let me know if you want this remote option.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that's okay. As I stated earlier, I am getting tired and very sleepy and I really need to go to bed. I suffered a brain aneurysm.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I am very sorry about that. Please take your time to rest, we can resume with this tomorrow when you are up and online again.

For the mean time, I will send you the formal offer. Please accept it so that we can initiate the remote access session but we can do the remote session tomorrow since you need to sleep now.

Thank you.

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long will this process take?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

1 to 2 hours I believe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't possibly stay up that length of time. Thank you for your input, I will see if my brother can fix it. Have a good night.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Like I said, we can resume with the remote session tomorrow when you are back and available. Just bookmark this page so that you can easily get back to me to resume.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tomorrow is out of the question, b/c I will be out of town for a few tests. again, thank you so very much.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. Have a good night sleep

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you as well
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. It is still 3:40PM in my country now. We have a big time difference I believe.

If you need further assistance with this in the future, just let me know.

Best regards,

Jess