James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

Thundirbird email not working properly, can i get phone

Customer Question

thundirbird email not working properly, can i get phone support or only email and chat??
Category: Email
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.

Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is***** look forward to helping you.

I don't do phone support but I can connect to your computer and fix the problem for you in a couple of minutes instead.

May I start a remote session so we can work on the problem together from your computer?

Please reply using the box below.

Regards,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
we already payed the $42 is that what you are talking about,,, or an additional $42
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
are you receiving my question?
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.

I cannot see what you are paying for your question - the amount sent covers the remote session and guarantees the problem fixed - you have 30 days to request a refund providing you are not happy.

I will check and see if I can modify the remote price for you so it's not so costly.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
one more question,,,, this is an addition charge of $5 to do remote fix? i agreed to pay $42 to fix issue,,, dont understand the additional $5.. please explain in detail...
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.

Remote sessions and phone calls are additional services, yes.

You mentioned you were paying $42 for your question (textual answer) and I offered to fix it remotely. Since you are already paying a significant amount I reduced the remote session's price down to its minimum.

Does that make sense?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
makes no sense, i agreed to have a tech fix the issue for $42 ( or attempt anyway) i don't seem to be getting anything for the $42 ,,, did i read something wrong on the advertisement online? seemed pretty straight forward, i must have missed some super small print, or read the agreement to fast... ? what is the $42 for? what exactly do i get for the $42??
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.

A textual answer (email) - you requested a phone call which is $20 additional, I am offering to fix the problem for you remotely for $5

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
how do i get the answer on email? Thunderbird opens but will not open any email boxes,,, i can open additional tab, however can not do anything with the emails... when i try to reinstall it reopens with the same issues and resets all the email like it was never deleted? do you know what is going on
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.

Sounds like it's having trouble accessing the mail file stored in your appdata folder - might be a problem with permissions.

Try opening Thunderbird as administrator instead of a regular user to see if you get the same problem.

To answer your question: There is no answer by email, it is via this page, which sends you an email for each of my replies.

A remote session is very cheap for $5

We can cancel out at any time if you prefer.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i know it is cheap, however i feel i got scammed with the $42, will i get all the $42 and the $5 if you can not fix? this issue can not be fixed by email or chat i do understand that,,, and i have wasted $20 in labor so far with this chat,,, lol if i can get all refunded when or if you cannot fix start the remote access steve
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i tried adding the original email account ,,, and it does the same, now i have two email boxes both the same both not working only on 1 pc, we have this email program on 5 pcs in the office
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.

I guess it depends on how you look at it - it's not 42 for asking the question and 5 for remote, it's 47 to get the problem solved else you get your money back.

The complexity of your question is also not a $5 additional price, it should be what I offered initially

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i agree,,however the advertisement should not be stated the way is is,,, this would have been paid and fixed if this company was a bit more honest on line, this has nothing to do with you, i understand you are working through the leeds the company gives you,,, apparently they charge $42 to to hook me up with a tech. that should just be stated it would have fixed both of us wasting time, i will contact paypal and stop the payment for the $42 i am assuming i will need to do that, this company sounds like a scam sorry
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.

I understand marketing leads can sound a bit funny sometimes but can assure you the company is not a scam.

No need to contact PayPal if you want to cancel, I can give you the phone number for billing where you can speak to a person about this.

Perhaps you change your mind and decide to get this resolved after all.

Here's the number: 1(###) ###-####br />
Regards,