Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience:  Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have outlook on my pc at home which is turned off. as well

Customer Question

I have outlook on my pc at home which is turned off. as well as my laptop that I am traveling with.
Is it possible for a technician to access the outlook that is on my pc and place the same folders and emails onto the outlook on my laptop?
I'm willing to pay if you can do this or walk me through the procedure to make this happen, I'm not prepared to pay if it's not possible.
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

I can accomplish this for you. However, I would need access to both the home computer and also the laptop to complete the transfer.

Do you have physical access to both?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
As I stated in my question, I'm in a different location than my pc.with no way of accessing it.
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.

If you have no way of accessing it.

Then I also have no way of accessing it.. The only way we could access it in a remote location is if you already had a remote connection installed and configured, and the computer would also have to be one.

Im not sure how we can proceed at this time unless someone is near the computer we need to access.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It may be possible for me to have someone turn on my computer in a week or so and open up my email file. Would that suffice?
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.

If we could get them to turn on the PC.. And then, download and install a small program so you or I could access the computer over the internet, remotely.

That would suffice. That way, we could copy the mail file from your outlook program. And then import the entire file onto your laptop.

Thats what its going to take so you have your entire message history on the laptop~

Id be willing to carry out the transfer for you, or assist. But I cant guarantee what my shedule will be precisely a week from now or later.

I generally work 5-6 days a week. So keep in touch and when it gets closer to the time when you can have someone at the computer, send a message and let me know~

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Dustin,Thank you for your response. When I return home with access to both computers, I will contact "Just answer" and request your assistance and will pay for your service. I assume that since you were not able to make the transfer at this time, as I indicated on my original question, I will not be billed at this time. I specifically stated that I did not have access to my PC at this time,.on my first inquiry.
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.

Hello again, and happy new years eve.

I have no control nor do I have any way of seeing if you have or have not been charged.

If it turns out you were charged, or if you have any questions about payments, etc. Here is our customer service contact numbers.

US/Canada1-***-***-****

Available 6am to 9pm PST

International

Australia1800-679-634

New Zealand0800-452-621

United Kingdom0***-***-****

The rest of the world1-***-***-****

As far as resolving the issue, youre welcome to reply on this same question down the road, when you are ready to continue.

Happy new years

Dustin S.